Monday, October 16, 2023

Medicare Fraud Has to be Treated as a Felony

Is Medicare Fraud judged on the size of the fraud in money damages alone?  In other words when a hospital charges for a patients care and no care was given is that charged as Medicare fraud and criminal charges are made against the hospital or doctor?

My case in May of 2008 involved UCLA Medical Center and they billed Medicare approximately $68,000.00 for the fraudulent radical hysterectomy for cancer and one week before surgery the CA125 test proved no cancer.  But that doesn't seem to matter involving a 65-year-old white woman.  If I were Black or Brown would the same outcome happen now 15 years later of no justice?  The 40 women in Georgia who had hysterectomies just for Medicare payments had within one year a federal lawsuit file by the government.  Was it because they were Hispanic?  

I could not file a Medicare complaint because I couldn't find a way to do so.  The next best thing was Medi-Cal because they happened to send me some information in general, but it gave me a name and address.  I followed it up and within 2 weeks the head of the Health & Human Services sent 2 investigators to my apartment and after our one and a half interviewed determined I gave enough information for an investigation for Elder Abuse and Medi-Cal fraud and referred my case to the California Department of Justice where no action was taken.  

Dr. Oliver Dorigo was in Los Angeles until December 2012 and fled to Germany.  The case was sent to the Dept. of Justice on 2-4-211 almost 2 years before and no action was taken against him.  Why? I have gone through hell because I filed the complaint and in 2015 with the FBI.  Since no action has been taken against UCLA Medical Center or the 2 doctors involved with the conspiracy to committee Medicare Fraud, Dr. Oliver Dorigo and Dr. Elizabeth Wagar, I've been subjected to physical and emotional harm inflicted by many doctors.

Medicare Fraud has to be treated like the Felony it is,


 

No comments:

Post a Comment