Thursday, May 11, 2023

A Day in the Life of a Whistleblower Against UCLA Medical Center

Yesterday I had a real Emotional Distress Day at the Jules Stein Eye Institute on the UCLA Campus, and it was horrible.  I had called the Friday before to speak to my doctor regarding the new reading glasses prescription.  My calls were not returned so I tried for a 3rd time.  Finally, I was directed to "Bobby" in administration and describted my problem with the prescription and needed to know if the mistake was the making of the lenses or if my doctor had reversed the lenses?

It means nothing to have surgery for Glaucoma and Cataracts if you have reading glasses made up that don't satisfy the problem.  Bobby said I could come in at 3:15pm, but never telling me the doctor I would see was Dr. Lynn Shi the very woman who scared the hell out of me when I first went to Jules Stein on November 8, 2022 that "I would be blind before Christmas if I didn't have surgery by her".  I was never permanently blinded before or after Christmas. And as a result of her scaring the hell out of my son and myself before Christmas, I looked for someone else to see what my situation was. 

I found on the internet Dr. Coleman head of the Glaucoma department and called her office.  I was referred to a permanent employee Dr. Joanne Giaconi who did the surgery.  I have no problem with her only Dr. Lynn Shi. But yesterday, because it was an unexpected appointment, I was at their mercy.  When I checked in I was told Dr. Shi would see me.  I told the receptionist "If its Dr Shi I am out of her I will have nothing to do with her".  The second receptionist to the right LIED and said "Dr. Shi is not in today". I also told Bobby I would not have Dr. Shi and she said she would notify the front office.

So, when did the alleged conspiracy go into effect to have Dr. Shi see me?  I was called by the aide to check my eyes and glasses and recognized the problem.  At 3:50pm she finished and said she would get the doctor.  40 minutes later no one showed up so I told my son to find out what was going on.  I found out 5 minutes later after THE OFFICE CLOSED AT 4:30PM when Dr. Lynn Shi walked in with a mask, hair in a net and scrubs so I did not recognize her.  I asked if she was Dr. Mei the name Bobby had given me and she had to be honest and say "No, I'm Dr. Shi".  I almost fell off the chair and said "I will not deal with you, you are the person who told me in November if I didn't have surgery before Christmas I would go blind and that was a lie get out of here".

I told my son I wanted to go to the office and report what happened.  We left the examination room and headed for the office - it was closed and if the the business office had not been open down the hall, I would have no recourse and that is what they wanted.  I demanded to see a manager.  Finally a manager arrived a tall 6'4 man and I explained what happened and I was LIVID.  He lead me down the hall to be seated to find Dr. Mei to help me and he did.  She took me to the examination room with the computer and my file and explained what happened with my glasses.  My eyes will never be the same and glasses can't help maybe surgery, but I will not do it again.  This is what I get 15 years later emotional distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment