Thursday, June 6, 2024

My Dad Was a Member of the NHL Rangers and Canadians Stanley Cups Teams

Today is the 80th anniversary of D-Day June 6th Invasion of Normandy in 1944 and as faith would have it my dad won the Stanley Cup as a member of the Montreal Canadians for 1 season in 1944.  Before that as a member of the New York Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1940, one year before Pearl Harber in 1941.

How many ice hockey teams can say they won the Stanley Cup during such historic events that changed the world?  Watching the 80th Anniversary ceremonies from Normandy, France today, showed me how remarkable D-Day was.  The graves in France for 9300 Americans bring tears to one's eyes.  These young men gave their lives to liberate France from Nazi control after 4 years.

I am just so proud my dad gave the American Canadian people a little joy from the war through his efforts in the hockey ring.

I hope the New York Rangers will invite the children of the 1940 team (at our expense) to the 100th Anniversary in 2026?.  I don't know what they have planned but now that the hockey season is over for the Rangers in 2024, I ask they consider inviting us to represent our fathers.

I hope by that time my case against UCLA Medical Center will be complete, and I can do some good for women over 65 years old who have been victims of Elder Abuse.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that your dad, Phil Watson continued to play NHL hockey during WWII. How did he escape the draft? I remember how mad my dad was because he was the first to be drafted from the NHL. He blamed my mother because she hadn't married him yet, so he was single and available to be drafted.

    ReplyDelete