Thursday, June 13, 2024

Is There Another Man Who Won the Championship for Their Sport between 1940-1944?

 Only realizing now in May, 2024 that my father Phil Watson won Stanley Cups for the 1940 New York Rangers and 1944 Montreal Canadians which was between the 2nd World War after Pearl Harbor and 1944 D-Day that saved Europe from Hitler.

I sincerely doubt if National Basketball, National Football or any other sport during the '40's had one man represent two different countries during these critical times and won the championship.

Right now Sean McCaffrey is writing a book about my father entitled RANGER ICON "Firey Phil Watson" which he hopes to publish this year.  I have no financial interest in his book other than to supply photos and information about my dad personally and professionally.

My father never told me he won the Stanley Cup for the New York Rangers let alone he won a second Stanley Cup for the Montreal Canadians in 1944.  My father knew who he was and didn't have to brag to me or anyone else about his accomplishments.

I will let my Viewers around the world know when the book is published if they wish to purchase one to read.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I would very much like to purchase your book. Lori Patrick.

    ReplyDelete