Tuesday, June 25, 2024

PHIL WATSON STANDS alone AS A very unique STANLEY CUP WINNER PS 6/25/24

Last night the Florida Panthers won the 2024 Stanley Cup for the first time in their 30-year They played the Edmonton Oilers who have not won the Cup in 31 years and Canada has not won the Cup in 34 years. franchise  

Then there is Phil Watson who won on the New York Rangers Stanley Cup team in 1940 before Pearl Harbor and won again on the Montreal Canadians in 1944 where he had been lent to the Canadians by the Rangers for 1 season.  And in 1944 was D-Day. 

What an unique time in American history to win a championship in 4 years between the beginning of World War II and D-Day! After last night's win, I believe the American people got a firsthand view of how exciting ice hockey can be, Basketball on skates with hockey sticks

I am hoping the New York Rangers will invite all the children of the 1940 Stanley Cup team to their 100 anniversaries in 2026.

PS  I want it known that someone is trying to discredit my dad's accomplishments and making false written statements that my father entered the NHL and NY Rangers illegally as not born in Montreal.  I have his birth certificate that I will post to prove my father was an honorable man who someone is trying to tarnish his career and his unique historic wins of 2 Stanley Cups between 1940 and 1944. 

No comments:

Post a Comment