Wednesday, January 3, 2024

2024 is Going to be a Great Year for My Dad and Ice Hockey

I found out yesterday the New York Rangers will celebrate their100-year Anniversary in two years.  I am so excited that my father Phil Watson will be a part of that in spirit and his historical part his 14 years with the Rangers will play.

Having moved to Los Angeles in 1948 when my parents divorced, I never knew how much loved and respected my father was with the New York fans and media.  In 1948 there were no Los Angeles Kings or Anaheim Ducks, so ice hockey was just something played in the Winter Olympics every 4 years by countries all over the world not in Los Angeles where I lived as a 5 year old girl.  

It's unfortunate for children of divorce parents, they never really know how their life was prior to the divorce unless they were old enough to understand at the time of the divorce.  My son Tony knows who his parents are and having lived in Beverly Hills most of his school years, knows the profession of both of his parents before he was born and after the divorce in 1983.

I can only hope 2024 will be a better year than in 2023.  I hope the Israeli war will end with Gaza and all the countries involved in the middle east and it does not draw the United States in a full-scale conflict.  I really pray for Ukraine and the brave people they will get all the equipment they need to succeed against Putin and Russia.

I can't sign off on this blog without hoping I get justice under the 14th Amendment "Equal Protection Under the Law" against UCLA Medical Center and all involved with the fraudulent cancer surgery I was subjected to on May 28, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment