Monday, December 25, 2023

2023 is Ending on a Real Unexpected Compliment to my Father Phil Watson

This year I have been in contact with two different men who want to cover my father's National Hockey League career in two different media outlets.  My father, Phil Watson, is a two-time Stanley Cup winner for 2 different teams.  First, the New York Rangers in 1940 where he played for 14 years.  The second is the Montreal Canadians during World War II for one season.  

My father also coached 6 different teams, The most famous the New York Rangers and the Boston Bruins.  When my father played hockey there was only 6 teams: New York, Boston, Detroit. Chicago, Montreal and Toronto.  

My father died in 1991 so it is a real surprise now in 2023 there is interest in his life and career. When he coached the New York Rangers, he was known as "Firey Phil Watson" because of his temper, and he was very demanding of his team only because he wanted to win.  Is there a coach in any sport that does not want to win every time they play? 

My Happy New Year is the tribute to my father whom I loved very much, and he was such a good guy. He loved to have a good time and laughed a lot.  He loved being a grandfather.  

I just hope my case against UCLA Medical Center will give me satisfaction in 2024. 


No comments:

Post a Comment