Monday, July 19, 2021

My Guardian Angel Guided My Career

My "Guardian Angel" was a friend of my parents Helen & Phil Watson in New York, when my father was a star on the New York Rangers Hockey Team when they won The Stanley Cup on the 1939-1940 team.  Interesting on the "Friends" television show and how "Joey" wore The Rangers shirt and attended the games that had the banner of the 1939-1940 Stanley Cup hanging from the ceiling.  Only I and anyone else who knew the history of the Rangers would know the meaning.`

When my parents divorced in 1948, and my mother and I moved to Los Angeles, our lives would be very different than in New York.  My father was a media star for the New York papers and even The New Yorker Magazine did a full article on us as a family.  But when I went into modeling as a teenage model for William Adrian, my life changed forever and I now believe my "guardian angel" helped me out.  He was in advertising and  had access to all forms of media, and I believe was behind the front page picture on either The Los Angeles Times or The Herald Examiner when I won "California Fashion Model of The Year in 1959 under my teenage name as Candy Watson before I was 16 years old.

When I went to Columbia Studios to interview for "a one day shoot as a model" on the Dean Martin "Matt Helm" first movie, I was surprised to be selected to dance with Dean and to be position next to him on the "round bed scene" for the credits on" The Silencers". That movie changed my life forever.  Not only did it open doors for me in the motion picture industry, but I met Frank Sinatra who was very nice and down to earth.  I would go on to do 2 more Matt Helm movies. "Murderers Row" and "The Ambushers" and that introduced me to my husband, Henry Levin the director.  We married in London on June 21, 1968.  So it is mind boggling that the one day shoot turned out to change my life forever for the better.

In 1983 I filed for divorce from S.R. Winston, a Beverly Hills attorney, that was hell.  I then created Survive A Divorce (SAD) as a divorce consultant and again my guardian angel helped me out.  A reporter from The Evening Outlook, Jill Oviatt did a full page article on me with a picture of myself and a client.  That was a break through for me and it couldn't have happened without help from my guardian angel, I did not have a public relations firm.  As a result, Carole Wells Doheny had a friend of mine Dawna Cole introduce us at a charity luncheon.  Wells did not know Candy Watson and Jan Winston were one of the same and that situation has caused me nothing but holy hell.  The situation I am in now 13 years later of the fraudulent cancer surgery at UCLA Medical Center could only happen because of her.  I absolutely believe justice will be served and the FBI will hold all those responsible accountable even though my guardian angel is now in Heaven.  I know he is looking down and will protect me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment