Thursday, May 28, 2020

In Memory of Henry Levin on June 5th.and PS 7/17/20

Henry Levin was my husband and we married on June 21, 1968 in London, England.  We met on the set of "Murderers Row" starring Dean Marin as Matt Helm in 1966.  He was the director and I was an actress working at Columbia Studios on Gower Street in Hollywood before it was taken over as Sony Studios and Screen Gems.  This was my second "Matt Helm" movie but not my last!  I could never imagine that when we met that first day on set, we would marry two years later and eventually move to Rome, Italy to live.  Henry unfortunately died on May 1, 1980 on the last day of filming a television movie "Scouts Honor" of a heart attack at 70 years old.  In the 40 years since he died and all that has happened in the world, I realize more and more what a wonderful person he was and how rare he was as a decent, caring and loving human being to me.  Happy Birthday the love of my life.

P.S. I read his biography on the internet, and I am not listed as his 3rd wife as his 1st, 2nd and 4th wives are.  The only reason I can figure out is that I am not Jewish and they are and I remarried. We were married from 1968 to 1972.  I want to set the record straight - just how petty can you get?  If you look under Jan Watson Winston, you will see they list Henry Levin as my husband from our marriage until 1972.  It took me this long to find out all of this, so if anyone is interested in my life with "the love of my life", you can read on the internet as my professional name of Jan Watson with the addition of Winston my legal name.  I want to make it clear I AM NOT MARRIED TO SEYMOUR WINSTON as the internet says, I divorced him in 1983.

P.S.  In order to see who I was when I met and married Henry Levin, look up IMDb for Jan Watson
which is the motion picture & television web site and not just the internet for Jan Watson Winston which says I am married to Seymour Winston for 46 years.  Some one put that up maliciously.  This web site has all my professional credits as Jan Watson the first name you click on.  Sorry for the mix up.  July 17, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment