Monday, February 14, 2011

Would You Use a Physician Who Was Trained Outside of the United States?

Dr. Oliver Dorigo was trained at Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg Faculty of Medicine (1989) in Germany... not the United States! I never knew that the doctor who would perform major surgery on me was not trained here in the United States as UCLA was a "training hospital". All Dr. Dorigo had to do was complete a written examination to pass the Medical Board License of California. I would never had hired a doctor who was not trained in the United States, except Dr. Dorigo did not have an outside office, but a hole in the wall at the Ronald Reagan UCLA building in Westwood, CA. UCLA misled me and all the other people who went to UCLA for medical treatment. There was no way for me or anyone else to know that he was not trained in the United States. Nothing on the walls stated he was a graduate of a German University.

Even though Dr. Dorigo has an Italian last name, he speaks German and was trained in Germany. He wanted me to have chemotherapy for a total of 36 hours - which would have amounted to "torture". What is unbelievable about this situation is that UCLA hires physicians who are not trained here in the United States.. and patients are unaware of that!

2 comments:

  1. A former patient- Francesca- 29 years old-and utterly emberassed for youOctober 9, 2015 at 3:29 AM

    Do you think that doctors trained in different countries are not capable? I really enjoy reading your blog. I'm the former patient of Dorigo whose life he saved. I'm also a student doing my psychiatric rotation in the medical field, this term... your rants dont merit anything but amusement for the mere fact that you are failing to realize that your entire blog sounds more like a story than an actual event. Honestly. The things you say don't even make sense. CA125 is only for cervical cancer ( a previous post) so you can have 40 different types of cancer and it wouldn't show on a CA125. Have you considered that so much time went by because you're delusional? I have never responded to a blog, and I'm surprised I am now but if I were Dr. Dorigo I would sue you for defamation of character. Oh, and FYI GERMAN and Turkish doctors are the best trained in the WORLD.. WORLD includes the US (in case your delusions keep you from understanding. You're a racist and it makes me sick that people are allowed to say what they want. He really saved my life and you could be ruining another YOUNG woman's life by writing such preposterous things about a WORLD RENOWNED SURGEON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s interesting that you posted both of your comments on October 9, the same day that I exposed CVS to a possible drug ring that benefited you personally – if you are Carole Wells.. And this comment sounds like her – a criminal and drug addict that the FBI knows about now. I stand by my entire blog as factual.

    ReplyDelete