Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Medicare Summary Notice Reveal Fraud

Any Medicare Beneficiary knows what the Medicare Summary Notice is, and for over 50 million people on Medicare, it tells us what our medical needs cost for Part B (Medical Insurance).  It really is the only way to find out if your Medicare Number is being used for your legal medical needs and someone using your number for fraud.

Here I am again being told my number has been used for something I didn't charge.  I was last month notified from Noridian Healthcare Solutions, LLC of Fargo, North Dakota, that the investigation I had asked they undertake for 10 months of rental fees for the Wheelchair I returned on October 30, 2018 needed more information.  I contacted the supplier, Dw Medical Supply, Inc., and they confirmed the wheelchair I used for 2 months from August 30 to October 30, 2018 had in fact been picked up and returned, but someone had continued to use my number after that for 10 months of additional charges to August, 2019.

I would never know that except for the Summary Notice.  It didn't cost me anything, because I was not billed for the additional months, but it harmed Medicare with this fraud.  The point being, Medicare fraud in any amounts add up with over 50 million people using Medicare to million of dollars in fraud on a yearly basis.  The point being, don't throw your summary away without reading it carefully to make sure it belongs to you.  Any person over 65 years old knows how important Medicare coverage is and in the political world, Medicare is front and center.  My candidate for President of the United States is Joe Biden, and I am proud to say I trust he will protect all Americans with our Medicare coverage and we will have it when we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment